12. MAKE IT REAL
In terms of HOW we would improve our fitness, we make decisions:
– New regimens of exercise should be preceded by either a review of physical risk factors or a medical clearance.
– Workout should consist of warm-up, strength, aerobic and cool-down periods.
– Fitness habits involve gradual increases in strength and endurance.
– Variety is key to maintaining a long-term fitness lifestyle.
In terms of WHAT indicates benefit or improvement, we look for results.
– Self-monitoring of heart rate ensures healthy aerobic conditioning.
– Simple fitness log provides feedback for weight, strength, and endurance measures.
– Active duty physical fitness assessments are likely to show improvement.
– Experience of stamina and physical strength should improve.
– Reward yourself for improvements.
Improved physical fitness is just one stress management goal that can be obtained by maintaining your motivational health.